Wednesday, March 16, 2011

10 Things



The sun set right in the dimple of the hills behind our house. Very cool. I LOVE living in the country. It's changed my feelings about so many things.

1. I am not convinced that conflicts can be resolved through better communication.

2. I didn't realize that when my son left on a mission he wouldn't ever be "home" in the same way again.

3. I don't think it's a good idea to criticize myself when I'm talking to my husband--I don't want to give him any ideas.

4. Being in my 40s is VERY different from being in my 20s. And it's better.

5. I am one of the laziest people I know.

6. My children are the greatest joy in my life; they are so good.

7. I chain read vintage romances sometimes. I've read over a dozen of them in the last 5 days. Is this a waste of time or what? But they're so sweet!

8. In homeschooling, the subject that used to be our achilles heel is now one of our strongest ones--math!

9. I am 5'10". I wish I were taller.

10. Today I finally looked at pictures of the devastation in Japan and cried. I see the pictures but I can't imagine the reality for all those survivors.

No comments: